Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award

The super cool (is that an okay word to use?) David Powers King gifted me with the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. Thank you so much, David! I feel honored. He is a Science Fiction and Fantasy writer who offers great writing tips. So go check out his site here.

 
In accepting the award, I need to follow a few guidelines:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact and tell these bloggers about the award.


Seven things about myself:
1. I wanted to be a scientist of some sort when I was a kid: archeologist, Egyptologist, oceanographer. Clearly, those dreams were not realized.
2. I like spiders and lecture my husband when he kills them.
3. I am quite the low-maintenance type of gal. For example: I only own six pairs of shoes, and they are all practical.
4. I have ice and rock climbed.
5. I love to alpine ski. Cross country: not so much.
6. I like making to-do lists and crossing out the completed tasks.
7. I have not worked on my writing for a month.

I know, pretty exciting, huh?

Now it is time to recognize 15 recently-discovered bloggers to pass the award to. This will be harder than my seven-things list; I have found so many wonderful bloggers during the A to Z Challenge.

1. Katie O’Sullivan: A writer, magazine editor, and mom. She writes truly inspiring posts.

2. Michael Di Gesu : Amazing artist and writer. His word pictures are simply beautiful. I visit his website for wonderful escapism. I know he’s already received this award from someone else, but I had to give it to him, as well, and make a plug for his blog.

3. Sophia the Writer: A fellow YA writer, Sophia’s blog bubbles with spirit and positivity. I just love hopping over to see what she’s up to.

4. Gina Ciocca: Gina is also a fellow YA writer. Her blog and personality are just fun! She is offering a contest right now, so hop on over and visit her.

5. Siv Maria: There’s no other way to say it, she is simply wonderful, and her posts are inspiring.

6. Rachel Morgan: A YA/MG Fantasy/Paranormal writer. I could spend countless amounts of time meandering her blog. But then, I’d never get anything done.

7. The Writing Nut: Another writer whose blog offers writing tips, book reviews, and author interviews.

8. Christine Marie: I would be remiss if I did not mention some of my fellow moms who blog. In fact, she is hosting a May Mom Blog Tour at her site. Check it out.

9. Austin James:  Another writer working his way toward publication. During the craziness of the A to Z Challenge, I did not get to visit his site as much as I wanted to. Now it’s time to catch up.

10. That Girl From Around the Bay: She’s received a lot of blog awards lately, and they are well deserved! I am happy to have found her and her blog during the A to Z Challenge.

11. Susan Kaye Quinn: A fellow writing ninja and mom. She talks about books for young readers, which appeals to me since I have a young reader of my own.

12. Lisa M. Potts: A fellow YA contemporary writer and mom.

13. N.R. Williams:  A published writer who offers tips on writing and promoting your e-Book.

14. Ruth: Fellow writer and mom. We just met through the May Ninja writers over at Ali’s blog .

15. Corinne O’Flynn: I cannot say enough about Corinne. She is an amazing and creative writer and ultra supportive. I just love her posts!


So definitely stop by their sites. As soon as I take care of the requisite things around the house, I will take the final step (#4) and contact all of you about your award. Congrats! And thank again to David Powers King. Make sure to check out his site, as well.

15 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the award! And it's so cool to be one of the writing ninjas. :)

    Although I am sad you haven't written for a month - hopefully the ninjas will get you kicking wordcount again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! I also wanted to become an archeologist at one stage before my more artistic passions took over. Still looove history though.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susan! What a great way to start a day. I'll definitely pass this around as soon as I come back from my vacation. :P thanks again and good luck in your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Susan, I appreciate the award and will pass it on sometime soon.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Susan! What a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your really sweet looking award! And yay! You're passing it on to me, too!

    Thank you, Susan! I'm honored that you think my posts are inspiring ;-) I'll definitely pass this one along... soon... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I've never received this one and I'm honored :) And I'm on Team Practical too- I only buy what's and sale and/or what I have a coupon for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, thanks Susan! I love practical shoes too, especially because I think my feet are oddly-shaped; I've always had problems finding shoes that fit. Unfortunately, I live in stiletto-capital so after a fancy event I usually have ankle and leg pain. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, thanks, Susan. So sweet of you to pass your lovely award on to me!

    I love to make lists too, and I hope your muse returns to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, Susan...

    You are sooo sweet. You definitely deserver the award. And I am so glad you enjoyed my posts all month. You certainly were a ray of sunshine every time you visited.

    Thanks again for all you kind and supportive comments.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, I loved your list! I love that you are so logically minded (left brained) and yet clearly right-brained too! You're very well-rounded!

    Congrats to you and all those who won the award!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your award, and THANK YOU for sharing it with me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your award and thank you for sharing it with me. You are so sweet to say such nice things. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. some special awards will be given if you join us.

    by the way, do you wish to work for bluebell books?

    no payment, but you polish your writing skills by doing a book review on Saturdays every other week.

    if you are interested, email me at

    bluebellbooks4u@gmail.com, include your blog link, the first review to be up is May 21, 2011

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the award! And when I'm not high maintenance, I'm low maintenance too! I do have a hard time killing bugs. I always set them free- especially spiders. It's Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete